Saturday, November 15, 2008

Helping Morgan

Our Isabella had some teeth pulled a few months ago due to gum issues and those of you that follow the most handsome white kitty ever, Luxor, know of his troubles and recent loss of his upper teeth. Because of all this, I'm really sensitive to any animal having to deal with mouth pain and teeth trouble - or any pain for that matter. When I heard about a kitty named Morgan at the It's Meow or Never Animal Rescue & Sanctuary and his need of surgery for his teeth and gum problems, I knew I had to help raise money for his surgery. Here is what is written on their website about Morgan:
Morgan is a beautiful cat that we rescued from a trailer park. He gets a little rough when you try to pet him too much so he is our sanctuary kitty. He needs surgery now to remove most of his teeth. His gums are very red, his breathe is terrible, and he has swollen nodes from the infection. He has seen two vets and they both put him on antibiotics and steroids. Now it's time to remove those teeth. Please help him if you can by donating for him. The surgery will be approx. $250.00.

A fellow Etsian with a huge heart named Marjorie, aka WHSKR, first brought Morgan to my attention when she said she would donate 100% of all sales in her shop to help Morgan. Last weekend I did the same and we both had sales and were able to donate a little to his cause. Once again, I am donating 100% of all sales in our BeadedTail shop this weekend to helping Morgan. So far we've had 2 sales in our shop and all of those proceeds will go to help this little guy.

If you'd like to help Morgan, there is a PayPal button on the It's Meow or Never website or if you click here, you can see the mailing address if you prefer to send a check. They are a 501(c)(3) organization so all donations are tax deductible.

The following Etsy shops are helping raise money for Morgan:

BeadedTail - Donations on sales of all items in shop

WHSKR - Donations on sales of all items in shop

DragonRags - Donations on select items in shop found here and here

Fashionsplatter - Donations on select items in shop found here

LolaLynn - Donations on select items in shop found here

Midnightrabbits - Donations on select items in shop found here

Please send your purrs for Morgan as he goes through surgery and recovery.

12 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

This is too totally awesome for words. I'm going to check out all the shops now. (and may donate the five bucks PetSmart refunded me when I returned a bag of cat food that I hadn't noticed had been taped up. Front AND inner liner. I figured I'd donate the money since PetSmart went above and beyond in refunding it to me.)

Mishkat said...

Wishing all the best for Morgan - and big purrs to you, Marjorie, Jen, Dawn, Lynn, and everyone else that is helping!

And another big purr for the great people at It's Meow or Never for doing so much to help rescue animals.

Mishkat said...

P.S. Midnightrabbits is also contributing proceeds from this wonderful coin purse (Franklin loves this item!):
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16615169

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's soooo sweet of you :)

Anonymous said...

I love you Ms. Sharla for the heartwarming post you left on our forum today and so much more. To have a stranger/friend offer to wish they lived closer in order to take care of me touches me more than words can say or that you may ever know. In honor of our "we've never met friendship", please visit your shop for a convo.

Love U Sweet Lady

mvegan said...

So wonderful, thank you for helping Morgan and EFA help animals ;0) Michele, mvegan5

Unknown said...

This is so wonderful of everyone, what an inspiration you all are. I am donating what I can to help lil Morgan, it may not be much but every little bit can go a long way. God bless you all.

uniquecommodities said...

Admire your deep love for Animals! :)

BeadedTail said...

Thank you to each and every one of you that commented today! I am overwhelmed with the generosity of every one! I love animals so much and my heart is brimming with happiness that so many others do too! I have the absolute best readers ever!

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

Poor little kitten! If they are still accepting donations I can contribute something on Friday when I get paid. Thank you for your kind heart!

Lux said...

This is wonderful of you and the other Etsy-ers. Teeth and gum problems are so very painful indeed.

Hugs to you,
Luxie

T.Allen said...

I must confer with the kittens and gather some Morgan monies pronto. Thanks for sharing this.