Sunday, March 1, 2009

Catching Up on Sunday...Again!

We love Sundays! We sleep in, eat some breakfast, sleep some more, play, take an afternoon nap...well, you get the idea! Come to think of it, Sundays are just like any other day of the week!
Although we get to relax every day of the week, Mommy has been working a lot so has been neglecting some blog duties. So, today we are making her catch up once again with a tag and also some awards. Take it away Mommy!
******************************************************
I am really behind on recognizing some wonderful people who have tagged me or passed awards to me. I apologize for being so behind but tax season will be over in a long 45 days so bear with my lack of timely blog comments and delays in responding to awards, etc. until then - please!
Stephanie from Huskies to Husbands tagged me a month ago so I really need to respond. I have a hard time coming up with weird facts about myself so I might repost some from way back but hopefully they are new to you! Anyway, here it goes:

1) I hate to cook but I love to bake. Cooking stresses me out so much because nothing is done at the same time! Argh! Good thing my husband loves to cook - he says it relaxes him (which makes no sense to me) and he's an excellent cook (really!) so it all works out. He actually doesn't like to bake so we're perfect for each other!

2) I absolutely cannot stand the taste or smell of coffee. Yuck!

3) I can't put the trademark curly Q on the top of a Dairy Queen ice cream cone. My first job was at a Dairy Queen in Topeka, KS when I was 14 years old and I was fired after one day because I couldn't do the Q. Well, that and I stocked every inch of freezer space they had with pre-packed quarts from all the ice cream I used trying to make the Q! I've tried through the years at various ice cream machines to do the Q but it always ends up flat as a pancake.

4) I root for the calf that gets away at the rodeo. When my husband and I lived in Colorado we went to a rodeo and I was the only one in the entire crowd who cheered when the calf got away. A sea of cowboy hats turned my direction but it didn't stop me. Needless to say, I've never been to another rodeo.

5) I must have color on my walls. I enjoy painting interior walls, well maybe not the entire process, but I love how paint transforms the mood of a room with each pass of the roller and I certainly love the result. White walls are definitely not for me. I came about this honestly - my mom is the same way!

6) I much prefer being barefoot. My shoes come off the second I get home!

7) Other than beading, I'm not crafty in any way. I can't sew, paint, draw - even my handwriting is messy. Thankfully I enjoy beading since it is fun and very relaxing and allows some right brain creativity to come out.
*************************************************
Okay, now I need to recognize some wonderful bloggers who were kind enough to pass some awards my way. Again, I'm rather tardy in getting to some of these and for that I apologize!
The Erickson Zoo gave me this Your Blog is Fabulous award! Thank you so much!
Along with this award I'm supposed to name 5 addictions. All this thinking is taxing my brain but I'll quickly name 5 things I can't live without:
1) Pets
2) Chocolate
3) Computer
4) Reading
5) Financial software (I'm a CPA, what can I say?)
**************************************************
D'Luxe Designs gave me the Lemonade award! Thank you so much! I'm honored to receive it!
*************************************************
Annie from Mini-Mocs gave me The Best Blog Daily Thinker Award! I hadn't heard of this award before but am honored to receive this award! Thank you Annie!
***************************************************
And finally, Jane at The Casbah Kitten gave the "Love Ya" award to Angel and it looks just like the "Let's Be Friends" award I got from Abby at Simply Charming in SC.

Jane, Angel is very thankful and she sends head butts and purrs! And I enjoy reading your antics and how you keep your Momma on her toes!

Abby, thank you so much for thinking of me again! I enjoy your blog and how you make everyone feel like welcomed friends! I hope you proceed with your plans for a 3rd blog since one can never have enough pet blogs to visit!
*************************************
Please visit all the links above to see their wonderful blogs! Thanks to everyone and have a wonderful Sunday!

12 comments:

Meghann said...

Yay! Congratulations on your awards and it is great to learn more about you :)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Great things to know!


Khongrats on all your khool awards too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Mom says she'll take your khoffee!

The Army of Four said...

Your Sundays sound a lot like mine. I wonder if that's why I'm an honorary kitty cat?!
Congratulations on the well-deserved awards!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Can I have your coffee?????

The Army of Four said...

Your Sundays sound a lot like mine. I wonder if that's why I'm an honorary kitty cat?!
Congratulations on the well-deserved awards!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Can I have your coffee?????

AM said...

What a precious picture! Any chance of Sadie squeezing in that bed?

Cat with a Garden said...

Concats on all those well-deserved awards!
We couldn't comment yesterday and today, blogger is so scting up these days...
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

The Monkeys said...

Congratulations on your awards! Very well deserved.

The Florida Furkids said...

ConCatulations on those great awards! We're snoozing today!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Kristin said...

My shoes come off the very second that I walk in the door too!! And I always invite people to take their shoes off...LOL, to which they decline..but I say, "really? but you can't be comfortable!" LOL

uniquecommodities said...

Hope you are doing well! Congrats

myminimocs said...

Congrats!!! all well deserved :)

Erika said...

I am with you a 100percent about being barefoot! I cannot stand shoes.

And I do not care what the ice cream looks like--I just want to eat it:)