Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tidepooling on the Oregon Coast





There are many things to enjoy on the Oregon coast and tidepooling certainly is a favorite since you never know what you'll find. I took these pictures last fall of some sea creatures in tide pools near Newport, OR which is on the central coast of Oregon.















In downtown Newport along the bay, there are always sea creatures to see, like these sea lions who are always on the docks no matter what time of year. You'll hear them barking the entire time you stroll through the quaint shops enjoying a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Squirrel said...

Wow..you are really lucky to live there! I can't wait until I can see a sea lion in the wild!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, I love tidepooling! I grew up on the Washington coast and my hubby grew up on the Maine coast so we both love beaches! We escape to the Oregon coast at least once a year as it's the closest to us and it's wonderful!!!