Monday, September 12, 2016

Same Situation, Different Perspective

I have a hypothetical situation to demonstrate the different perspectives between kitties and somemommy humans. This may be confusing so pay close attention. Okay, here's the situation:

It's o'dark:30 in the morning, somemommy, I mean, someone feels a tap, tap, tap on her forehead causing her to stir. She falls back to sleep so now feels a sandpaper kiss on her eyelid. No falling back to sleep after that! The kitty sits innocently patiently on the nightstand...
Here's the perspectives:

Somemommy Human: Wakes up cranky because of licked eyelid. Claims to have a horrible headache so gets up to take something for it before coming back to bed. Lays there trying relaxation, meditation, dictation, anything to make headache go away. Because she took headache meds on an empty stomach she starts to feel really sick. Gets up to drink more water, still feels sick but comes back to bed. Head pounding. Looks over to see adorable kitty sitting on nightstand, mumbles "it's a good thing you're cute" while opening the drawer for treats for the sweetest kitty ever.

Kitty: Oh my Cod chica, what's with all the drama? Can't you see I'm withering away? Feed me!

Just saying.

Hope everything is in perspective for you today!
Angel

21 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

You get treats in the middle of the night just by licking your human's eyelid? I think my human may be broken.

Duni said...

haha, Angel has so much in common with Sumi ;-)

Ann said...

Ok I admit I was siding with the human until you said "Oh my Cod chica, what's with all the drama". You won me over with that statement.

Marg said...

Angel says, if you had just given me treats in the beginning, you wouldn't have gotten the sandpaper kisses. LG does this same thing to me at night. Why do they have to do all this in the middle of the night.

Fuzzy Tales said...

What Summer wrote! :-O

OMC, if we got treats in the middle of the night for disturbing...showing our affection for our human, we'd be in kitty heaven on earth!

Unknown said...

She has treats in her nightstand?!? My Ma needs to take a lesson from yours!

Grace said...

Sorry somemommy had a headache in the middle of the night - but this was my first laugh of the day...treats in the nightstand - oh no, no one is spoiled (or is that self-defense for the human so they can get back to sleep?)

Sandee said...

I know you didn't give mommy that headache. I just know that. You're too cute.

I linked you to Awww Mondays.

I hope your moms headache is long gone.

Have a purrfect day Angel. My best to your mommy and J. ♥♥♥

The Florida Furkids said...

We hope somemommy is feeling better now. Treats in the nightstand? We're obviously deprived here!

The Florida Furkids

stevebethere said...

You look so regal there Angel ignore mummy she will recover soon LOL :-)

BumbleVee said...

After tossing a slipper at you...I guess I would have had to laugh... and, give you a treat too...cuz you're so cute.
And.. what a clever idea, Mommy...keeping them in a drawer next to the bed so you don't have to go to the kitchen for one..or maybe not....some kitty might know they are in the drawer and that's why she is bugging you in the bedroom ... bad kitty...bad kitty.... hahahhahahahh

Kathe W. said...

LUcy wakes me up every morning with a cute purry face ....cannot resist her polite request for breakfast!

Colehaus Cats said...

Well, all we can say is... WAIT! You get treats in the middle of the night???

Somemommy here has been slacking!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sounds like we have similar situations here, but we don't get to be anywhere near the bed or nightstand. Ciara wakes Mom up several times a night o please give her some food!!! Humans just don't get it.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

da tabbies o trout towne said...

angel...ewe knead a sign ta hold up thatz reeds: eye knead treetz now; sew when yue mom doez wake up, her just noez rite then & ther whatz up ~~~~ waves two isabella ♥♥♥

pilch92 said...

Hope your Mom feels better.

The Island Cats said...

We need to try that if it means getting treats in the middle of the night.

Lin said...

Boy, you are lucky you live with Somemommy because you would not be getting treats for licked eyeballs at my house! You sure are loved, Angel!

Memories for Life said...

Hahaha...Yes, it's a good thing you're cute, Angel :) I'm glad you got your treats and I hope your mommy's head is feeling better!

Kitties Blue said...

Our mom says that all the time, "It's a good thing you're cute!" What do the peeps mean by that anyway? Just because we are cute doesn't mean they can ignore us! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

The Army of Four said...

Maybe "someone" should have gotten that beautiful kit-cat a treat after the first tap-tap-tap. Then all of this could have been avoided. Right?
Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher
PS: Oh. Right. And I hope that "someone" feels OK now.