Saturday, August 17, 2013

Thoughts on Sadieday

Happy Sadieday!  We hope your weekend is off to a great start.  Since we've had a visitor here since Thursday, it got us wondering about how fun (and sometimes scary) it is to have other people in our homes.  I have to admit that it takes me a long while to warm up to others but my sisfur Isabella loves everybody the minute they get here.  The only people I enjoy are our Grandpa from Kansas and our Grandma from Las Vegas.  Our sisfur Sadie went crazy when our Grandpa from Kansas visited and was always the first to greet him...
She did the same thing with our Grandma from Las Vegas and she liked going on strolls with her too...
Other than family, Sadie didn't let anyone touch her.  We'd like to know if you enjoy all visitors, no visitors or some visitors at your house.  Can you tell the ones who enjoy you too?
Mommy wonders if I can tell whether or not someone likes us since it depends on the person on how long I hide out.  Isabella thinks everybody loves her so maybe just some of us can tell how the person feels.  What do you think?

Anyway, whoever you're with today we hope you share plenty of smiles and good times!  Spread those smiles around in order to brighten the day!

Enjoy your Sadieday and your weekend too!
Angel

15 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

OMC, Isabella and Binga are SO much alike when it comes to visitors! Even construction humans and the guy who came over once to fix the stove - everybody is her pal! I'm aloof - I will make an appearance, but I don't like strangers getting too familiar with me!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Like Sadie, Whisky loves her Grandma and Grandpa. :)
Us kitties? Well, let's just say we prefer our house to be visitor-free!

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh boy Isabella looks pretty darn comfortable there! Our Cleo did the same with my MIL ... she would start to chatter and whine when we rounded the corner to her house for a visit, and then spring out the back door and rush to see her. Grandma was always extra special nice to her .... treats and walks. just what life is all about :)

Katie Isabella said...

Happy Sadie Day!! Me, I love anyone coming in the house. I assume they are here to see me. I love on repairmen, just anyone. Admiral ran away UTB no matter who is was except Favorite Brother.

xxoo

Sandee said...

When I had cats they were pretty particular about who they would let touch them and who couldn't. I so remember that. Our Little Bit just loves everyone and expects you to love on her right away.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the babies. :)

Katnip Lounge said...

May Ling and Salem LOVE visitors--the rest of us, not so much. Johnny and the twins hide--the rest of us, again--not so much!

Our neighbor Gisela is a cat magnet and the girls fall all over themselves to get rubbins from her.

Memories for Life said...

I bet your grandpa loved being greeted by Sadie :)
Harley pretty much loves everyone, but he has a good judge of character :)

Kitties Blue said...

Most of us are pretty shy of anybody coming into our house, especially Fiona and Astrid. We usually even hide from people we know. Mauricio is our social butterfly who not only greets, but also bugs everybody! Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Guilietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

The Island Cats said...

At first, we don't like visitors in our house. We will run and hide UTB. Eventually, one by one, we'll come out to check out the visitor. I usually am the first to come out, then Ernie will. Zoey will not come out at all. She really is a big scaredy cat when it comes to visitors in the house.

Wally

Grace said...

My two run and hide and stay hidden until the coast is clear - they were much friendlier when they were kittens...

Ann said...

When I had cats years ago they always stayed out of sight when anyone came over. Duke is like Isabella. He thinks everyone loves him too. As soon as someone comes in and sits down Duke is jumping up in their lap

brokenteepee said...

Harry the Farm cat is a slut and will let anyone pet him. None of the other cats will get near a new person.

The Army of Four said...

I'm not sure yet! I bark at everyone I see in the neighborhood but not at anyone we meet when we're out at the vet's or somewhere far. I'm not used to seeing people in MY neighborhood. Or at least that's what my mom thinks.
Cammie!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Me LOVE efurrybody that comes and visit me :)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm sure Sadie would have let my mom touch her -

Of khourse, I would have made sure she didn't have any khat khooties ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra