Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tasty Tortie Tuesday

We were asked by the nice folks at Chewy.com to try out Natural Balance Platefulls foods in a pouch so since it's Tortie Tuesday, I gladly volunteered!  While I was enjoying the show before dinner, my little sisfur snuck in.  She obviously didn't get the memo that it was a table for one...
Since there was plenty in the pouch, I let her join me.  We tried the Chicken and Salmon formula in gravy...
Angel ate it up pretty fast but I left the chunks.  I don't chew my food so they were too big for me to eat so I just licked the gravy...
Who needs a doggy bag when they have a little sisfur...
Mommy put the rest of the pouch in our bowls and tried cutting up the chunks into smaller pieces so I'd eat them and I did eat a little but I left most of it.  Even Angel didn't clean her bowl after the initial serving.  So, we give these two paws up for the yummy gravy but two paws down for the big chunks.  Plus, Mommy said she isn't going to chop up our food every time either. 

If you aren't bothered by big chunks, the gravy is delicious so you might really like these foods.  Here's some of the other flavors available:
We do want to thank Chewy.com for the opportunity to try these foods.  We get tired of having the same foods every day so we keep looking for more to add to the rotation.  We'll probably like the third pouch in a week or two!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy dinner with a view this Tortie Tuesday!
Isabella

Disclaimer:  We received three pouches of Natural Balance Platefulls from Chewy.com for review.  This did not influence our opinion whatsoever, our discriminating palates did.   Mommy got a cool Chewy.com pen that she wouldn't even let us play with.  

18 comments:

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Me neither like big chunk´s , but I LOVE tasty gravy :)
XOXO

Kitties Blue said...

This is the first time we haven't seen a 100 % love of the platefuls. Mom was thinking about trying them, but none of us like chunks so they probably would be a failure here as well; though, we too like gravy.

We have nominated you for an award. The info is on our latest post. Hope you don't already have it. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at www.thecatonmyhead.com, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

We heard lots of great things about Natural Balance food. ENJOY n Have a Tasty Tuesday. Make sure to add this post/url to our blog hop. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

GizmoGeodog said...

I got a sample of these and shared them with my 3 kitty friends...They loved the taste but were divided on the big chunks...

Sandee said...

Looks like the chunks are a problem here. Perhaps the company can fix this. I'm sure they can.

Have a purrfect day you two. My best to your mommy. ☺

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I didn't realize some kitties do not like chunky food but I guess, to each their own. Great review even though you didn't like the chunks.
*high paws*
Oz

Katie Isabella said...

Honey pie...no idea why they make such big chunks for kitties.

The Army of Four said...

Wait - your mom got a pen and didn't let you play with it?!? What's up with that?!!? Hmph!
I love your table by the window, though. It's nice that your mom sets a place for you where you can enjoy a nice view!
Play bows,
Zim

Duni said...

Sammy would love the gravy, but not the big chunks either!

brokenteepee said...

All of the Farm cats but Pumpkin (of course) love these foods too

DancingMooney said...

Posey eats Natural Balance dry food, and it has helped with her shedding. I do a mix of the salmon and the duck pea...

Glad your mommy got a new toy too! :)

Marg said...

WE don't like chunks either. We were wondering about that when we saw these in another place. Thanks for the great review. At least you got to try something new.
Please tell the Mom that the earrings got here already. That is speedy delivery. Thanks.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My preference is chunky food, so it worked for me!

Ann said...

I can see how big chunks could be a problem but at least it had tasty gravy

Grace said...

BB might eat chunks but certainly not Miss Frankie - she would lick the gravy tho!

Lin said...

It seems the kitties here all just like the gravy. I'm gonna invent a food that is JUST gravy!

Kathleen said...

Sometimes we is furrrry picky, too!
=<,,>=

The Island Cats said...

We've been seeing some good reviews of this foods. We wondered about the big chunks too since we don't like big chunks either. At least you girls are honest...and licking the gravy is good too! :)